August 4, 2011

Haute Table | Vino Vino Wine Bar

Haute Table is a regular feature on s+s that showcases where to eat or drink now. It focuses on local New York restaurants and bars, but will occasionally spotlight places I've visited while traveling. I only write about places I have actually visited and would recommend to a friend.

My friends have to drag me to nightclubs, but I'm ALWAYS up for a good wine bar. Something about wine and cheese plates I guess. I discovered Vino Vino Wine Bar from a deal they offered on Living Social at the beginning of the summer. I immediately purchased the voucher and made plans to check it out with my sister. We weren't disappointed and now Vino Vino is on my list of go to places for an evening out.

Photo Credit: Nathaniel J Oliver Photograpy

Vino Vino offers a variety of wine from California, Italy, France, Greece and a host of other countries. Wines are served mainly by the glass and cost around $6 - $20. The bar also hosts a 1/2 off happy hour daily from 5pm to 7pm, where all bottles of wine are 50% off! For those of you who don't drink wine, they also serve craft beers and soft drinks.

Aside from the extensive selection of wine, Vino Vino also serves a menu of artisanal cheeses, cured meats and small plates. I highly recommend the Pan a la Catalana (you may need two) and the Mixto antipasto plate.

The best part about this particular wine bar? The adjacent store, Maslow 6, sells all of the wines served in the bar so you can take home your favorite!

Vino Vino Wine Bar and Maslow 6 Wine Shop
211 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013
212.925.8510

Know of any other wine bars that are a must visit? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment