June 16, 2010

The Look | Pairing White and Gray for Summer

As the temperature rises, along with the humidity, I always find myself dissecting my wardrobe in the hopes of locating the pieces that will keep me fashionably-cool. Taking stock of my looks over the past month I've noticed a pattern, a lot of my outfits were based on two neutral tones - white and gray. A classic pairing, the combination of these two colors is an appropriate and refreshing go-to for summer.

My "uniform" has been dark indigo skinny jeans, a white top and a light gray cardigan. This is a great base look that anyone can adopt, and there are endless options in stores right now (most of them on sale.) Flip the look by pairing white jeans with a grey top or vice versa. You can also belt a gray boyfriend cardigan over a summery white dress for a chic day-to-night option.




The pairing of gray and white can be a little bland, so accessorize this look with a bag, shoes and/or jewlery in bright pops of color. I'm partial to a shade of blue, but coral, apple green, fuschia or purple are great alternatives.

1 comment:

  1. I can always rely on the white and gray look if I'm feeling too lazy to really dress up. It's a comfortable yet chic look :)


    http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete