June 11, 2010

Halle Berry Rumoured to be Vogue September Issue Cover Model

According to a Fashionista report, mom, actress and Revlon Spokeswoman Halle Berry will grace the cover of the renowned September issue of American Vogue magazine (disputing previous rumors that Gwyneth Paltrow would be that month's cover model.)

Although some in the fashion world still consider Halle a "safe" choice for the magazine, I think it's a step (a small one) in the right direction of breaking out of using the same old list of hollywood starlets. It's also a great step for women of color, as Halle will be the first black woman to grace the cover of the September issue since Naomi Campbell in 1989 (21 years!!) However I must say I agree with Fashionista's sentiment that perhaps they should have used Iman, given her recent receipt of the CFDA Icon award. Anna are you listening?

Nevertheless ... I will have an extra skip in my step as I head to the mailbox to pick up my September issue this year.

Photo courtesy of The Fashion Vixen

No comments:

Post a Comment