July 19, 2011

Chic at Home | Nicole Gibbons of So Haute Style

Welcome to a new feature here on s+s - Chic at Home. Every fabulous woman should have a stylish abode she retreats to after a long day spent gracing the world with her glamorous presence. Our weekly series will provide a peek inside the homes of those women. This week's Chic at Home post showcases the Harlem home of Nicole Gibbons, fashion publicist and founder of SoHauteStyle.com.

[Image courtesy of Brooklyn Limestone]

Several images of Nicole's apartment reside on my Pinterest board for inspiration as I complete decoration of my own apartment. As with most NYC apartments, Nicole's small space had to be multi-functional. Living room, dining room and home office all reside in the same room. In a post on Brooklyn Limestone, Nicole stated she created a floorplan that has three separate zones for relaxing, working and dining. "Since I entertain a lot I made sure that all of the zones flowed together so that each could offer versatility when I have guests over."





Nicole was recently featured on HGTV's My Favorite Place, giving more insight into her decorating process and tips on how to achieve a high-style look on a budget through DIY projects and shopping on eBay. We love her modern/vintage style and the color palette of muted gray with pops of pink. I've always been one to shy away from making too many changes to a rental apartment since you're not the owner, but I'm starting to re-think that approach after learning that Nicole painted her kitchen cabinets, re-tiled the backsplash and changed the lighting fixture in her dining room. 

Below are images of Nicole's apartment from her Apartment Therapy House Tour:

 








So what do you think dolls? Are you as inspired by Nicole's apartment as I am? What would you like to interpret for your own place? Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment