January 18, 2010

Style Moments | 2010 Golden Globes

Admittedly, I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night. I know, I know ... how could I possibly miss the first Red Carpet event of the season?!? Luckily I have the glorious internet and the E! channel to catch me up on the most important coverage of the evening - fashion.

There were varying shades of blue, some striking black ensembles and a sea of umbrellas. However, these five ladies stood out of the crowd for me as the best dressed of the night.

Chloe Sevigny
Chloe is the leader of the pack when it comes to being fashion-forward, but I think she looked classically beautiful in this ruffled Valentino dress. I was so upset to hear that someone ripped it during the show! The look was accessorized with a Roger Vivier clutch and Stephen Russell vintage jewelry.



Penelope Cruz
Always the Red Carpet darling, Penelope looked fantastic in Giorgio Armani Prive and Chopard diamonds. The spanish style lace bodice is gorgeous and the dress shows off her figure perfectly. I also loved that she carried her own umbrella. Just beautiful!




Ginnifer Goodwin
I love that Ginnifer took the chance by not wearing a gown, but got it right by making sure the shorter look was just as glamourous (unlike Julia Roberts who just looked like she was going to dinner.) I love the bright blue of this Vionnet dress, which looks striking against her skin and dark hair. Simply accessorized with Neil Lane diamonds and a Judith Leiber clutch, I think she looked young and vibrant. A+ from me.



Emily Blunt
Emily looked amazing in this Dolce & Gabbana peach chiffon confection. The Lorraine Schwartz bracelets accent the dress without overpowering it, but I wish her hair was up to show off some earrings as well. The clutch is Ferragamo. 




Honorable Mention - Halle Berry
I wasn't particularly thrilled with the dress, but Halle looked freaking AMAZING last night. In a Kaufman Franco dress, her body is what I dream of having. At 43, she just gets better and better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment