June 6, 2011

Style Moments | 2011 MTV Movie Awards

I have to admit I didn't watch the 2011 MTV Movie Awards last night. I actually spent most of the night watching Unsung on TV One (the Teena Marie story is so inspiring.) Honestly, I wasn't that interested in watching them in the first place and I'm confident in knowing that MTV will re-air the awards to death over the next couple of weeks in case I feel the desire to really see what happened with the whole Justin Timberlake/Mila Kunis fondling of naughty bits on stage. However, I did make sure to check in on the red carpet looks because that is what's actually important when it comes to award shows anyway. :)

Any MTV award show is an opportunity for the IT girls of the moment to have fun and let loose. It's not about the drama of of a red carpet moment, you just need to come across as young, sexy and current. At least that's my interpretation. I'm sure fashion purists will argue from here to eternity about the desire for celebs to be more fashion forward and take risks and blah blah blah. I don't need all that. If it looks good on you and you love the way you look then more power to ya, I'm not hating.

Balmain was a clear favorite as no less than three starlets chose the designer for their ensemble. I generally don't swoon for Balmain's designs, but it does appear in two of my top looks. Here are my favorites from last nights red carpet:


Emma Watson in Marchesa
[my #1, truly a vision is white]

Leighton Meester in Balmain
[I really love this look on her and
its accessorized well]



Emma Stone in Bottega Veneta dress and clutch
[love the black lace overlay on
gray and yellow stipes]


Blake Lively in Michael Kors dress and
Christian Louboutin pumps
[I would run out and buy this dress right now]


Selena Gomes in Giambattista Valli
[stylish yet age appropriate, adorable!]


Mila Kunis in Balmain top and skirt
[Balmain yet again and I LOVE it.
So something I would wear.]


No comments:

Post a Comment